Friday, April 04, 2008

Results are in!

Let's take a look at our results from the lab:

1. My hand imprint


handprint


As you can see, even though I've washed my hands before I did this, there is still a mixed colony of bacteria. But at least still clean because it's not a lot.

2. Serial dilution

I will only show dilution 10^(-2) plate and dilution 10^(-5) plate for comparison:





Dilution Two
10^(-2)


Dilution Five
10^(-5)

As you can see, the colonies on 10^(-5) look easier to count. But we'll only be counting them in the next lab session.
3. Streaking
The streaking was done pretty well by my friend, as isolated colonies were observed:


streak_2_illustrated

4. Gram staining

Sadly, I haven't gotten the gram staining pics from my other friend who took the photos, but I will post them once I get them.

I am really satisfied with the results and can't wait for the next session (:

No comments: