Saturday, September 10, 2005

Problem with posting but nevertheless..

Seems I have a problem posting a long article but not with a short article. So I shall make do with it then. Here's the website of the article that I would want to comment about. Oh yea and sorry for not updating for so long. Here's the website http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn7950&print=true . My comment about it: I agree strongly to the statement "The research is a setback for stem cell science and contradicts an earlier study which found no significant changes to the genomes of lab-cultured stem cells" The moment I read the first paragraph, this statement had alreadi been formed in my mind. Well, I guess nothing is perfect in the world, including human stem cells. In my opinion, I thk that yes there might be a problem with the medium(as mentioned in this article) and there might also be a problem with the genetic make-up of the cells when they are cultured. The mutations could already have been there and the cells may also have a problem carrying out apoptosis. So the mutations remain and develop.

No comments: